November 5, 2021
Seeing your child struggle is one of life’s most difficult things. Our instinct is to roll up our sleeves, get to the root of the problem and fix whatever issue is standing in the way of happiness. Parents are problem-solvers by nature. It comes with the job. But what happens when your child is struggling in school, and you don’t know why? What happens when you don’t know how to make things better?
More and more parents are turning to supplemental learning to help their child develop their full learning potential and develop effective learning, critical thinking, and study skills.
With all the choices available for supplemental learning, why should you choose Novaread? After close to 40 years working with our students, here are some of the aspects of our approach that set us apart.
1. Fundamentals First. At Novaread, our philosophy is built on a bottom-up approach. We focus on learning fundamental skills first, before progressing to more complex concepts. It is in this environment that we see the greatest success -working with students to fully develop a set of skills before introducing new ideas.
2. Educational Assessments. We use these tools to help us better understand the needs of our students. This information allows us to create a custom learning experience tailored to the specific needs of your child. You can read more about why educational assessments are important here.
3. Positive environment. We believe in fueling students with the confidence to move at their own pace, while coaching them just enough to drive them forward. They develop skills that unlock the next steps of their program. Meeting with high levels of success, each day, keeps the session energy high, them engaged and progress happening.
4. Personalized, 1-1 learning. There is never a one size fits all when it comes to learning. Our private 1-1 setting allows us to tailor learning to your child’s individual needs, change the pace at which we work, and usher in personalized materials that make learning more enjoyable. This helps children meet milestones and have a more positive outlook on school. For some, it’s as simple as the games they choose to play at break or the books they choose to read when we reach that stage. Since we create materials for our students on an as needed basis, we get to personalize those materials. Unlocking a child’s innate ability to read a story is incredibly enjoyable however if they get to read a short passage that includes a funny story about their mom or their new puppy, even better.
5. Accountability. We believe in taking ownership for the learning outcomes we put in place. It is the responsibility of our instructors and senior staff to identify areas of struggle and hold themselves accountable for our students progress as we continue to build skills that will help them flourish in school and in life. Owning the outcome, at each stage, means we don’t accept a frustrated student or one who is down on themselves because of the work we are doing with them. Using every bit of information we can gather, along with the experience we gain while working with our students over time, we ensure the energy stays high, the student is engaged and that they leave feeling like a bright, successful student who is going to meet with success in school and in life.
6. Compassionate Instructors. Emotional intelligence is a big part of what we look for during the hiring process. The ability to interact, relate, problem-solve on the spot, use empathy to guide the process– it’s what helps form strong bonds based on trust and acceptance. We truly care about the children we work with and want them to enjoy their lives, including their education, to the fullest.
At Novaread, our focus is always on one thing: your child. Our guiding principles are based on building strong, confident, happy kids who will thrive in school and ultimately in life. Daily our aim is to create an environment where your child feels safe, supported, and inspired.